Search

Wednesday, December 16, 2009

New York and Islip Art Museum

Well I installed my piece at the Islip Art Museum. I showed up expecting to work all night and all day until Sunday but I managed to finish in 3 days. I spent 57 hours on it total. It was quite an interesting experience working in complete solitude. I did get to think a lot about my work which was fun, but i think what is very important to my work is its social aspects as well as its intellectual ones. I always enjoy working around other artists on a group goal (show). Unfortunately I only met some of the other artists involved on the last day and really only got to talk to them for a half hour. Too bad. Oh well. This piece is entitled "Expansion". It is a kind of organism or growth that slowly expands and adapts to its environment. It is an evolved object born from the relationship that we have with the natural landscape. It is about 9ft. x 9ft. x 9ft. I'm sorry to all the people i missed in NYC. I only had a couple of hours.

1 comment: